Our office follows and often exceeds infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We understand that it may take a little longer to implement all the infection control processes that will keep you and our staff safe.
Please note the following changes:
- When you schedule your appointment, we will ask some screening questions.
- We ask that only one parent brings in the patient (no siblings please) to aid in social distancing while inside the office. PLEASE BRUSH YOUR CHILD’S TEETH FOR THREE FULL MINUTES BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT,
- USE PUBLIC RESTROOMS IS DISCOURAGED, so please have your child visit the bathroom before you leave the house.
- Please make sure everyone coming to the office is wearing a mask.
- When you arrive to the office for your appointment, walk through the front entrance, sanitize your hands and fill and sign the form on the counter. Once that is done, come in and give the form to the receptionist.
- As your child comes to the treatment room, we will take your child’s temperature as well as the person who is escorting the child into the office for their appointment. If any symptoms are found (fever or cough) your appointment will be re-scheduled.
- We have hand sanitizer in the entrance, in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. You may want your child to bring in a favorite toy to get comforted during the appointment.
- If the person bringing the child to the appointment is over 60 or has heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or any other ailment that could increase the risk of being in a public place, he/she can walk the child in and wait in the car, or sit in our open area in the front porch. Our assistants will call you when there is a need for signatures.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number or visit our website at web address.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Comprehensive Pediatric Dentistry